Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Q: How do you make money?

A: By losing money.

I heard the most amazing story today. A friend of mine reports to me that her boyfriend, an IT boss sorta guy, works for a company that actually loses money in order to keep a big ass corporation as a customer. They make not a cent from the account. But, they do get to work awfully hard, sometimes to the point of absurd exhaustion just for the privilege of saying, “hey, we have this big ass corporate customer who brings us so much prestige that we are willing to lose money to keep them just so other big ass corporate customers will want to do business with us because we stand in the glow of such amazing prestige.

I know, It’s hard to believe. But, I have been roaming the halls of Corporate America long enough to take it at face value. In fact, the more irrational something sounds, the more apt I am to believe that it happened, in Corporate America anyway.

There’s a saying that goes like this, if you want to remain sane in an insane place, the best thing to do is to become insane.

1 Comments:

Blogger CorporateSlaveMonkey said...

Hey, I have an idea:

Form a blog alliance with CorporateSlaveMonkey! I ran across your site on a random google search and low-and behold I've found my bloggo partner in crime!

corporateslavemonkey.blogspot.com

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home